Invest Now to Adjust Status (H-1B/F-1/E-2/TN) and Receive Work Permit (EAD) and Travel Permit in as Fast as 90 Days

How long must I remain in the United States each year?

A good rule of thumb is to try to stay in the U.S. for at least half of each year, or it may be deemed that they have abandoned their permanent residency status. This presence does not need to be continuous as U.S. residents can travel. Extended absences, particularly those over six months, may also disrupt the continuous residency requirement for naturalization.

You should also bear in mind that an EB-5 investor must enter the United States within 180 days after they received their EB-5 visa. The investor must then establish residency in the United States. Evidence of intent to reside includes opening bank accounts, obtaining a driver’s license or social security number, paying state and federal income taxes, and renting or buying a home.